[kictanet] Internship Oppirtunities at Google EMEA- Spread the word

Robert Alai alai.robert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 08:50:40 EAT 2008

*Do more. A lot more. Technical Internship Opportunities at Google EMEA
*
Here at Google, we're not looking for people who will just localise
technologies developed in other countries, nor simply engineers focussed on
improving infrastructure. What we are looking for are people with
outstanding technical skills, creativity, potential and passion who can help
invent end-to-end technologies from scratch; stuff that will interest and
inspire millions of users across the world.

During an internship with us you'll have the opportunity to contribute to
projects in a direct and meaningful way. We're taking into account your
skills and interests when determining which of our small and dynamic teams
you will be joining. Your pre-assigned host will find projects that are
right for you and work closely with you during your time with us.

We're confident that an internship with us will be a rewarding experience
that will develop your ability to programme at a global scale, deepen your
understanding of Computer Science and allow you to connect with outstanding
people from all over the world.

Your internship will most likely take place in our engineering centre
in Zurich,
Switzerland<http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/static.py?page=studentseu.html&sid=zurich>.
If you are accepted for an internship, you'll need to move for the duration
of your time with us and we'll gladly help you with all the logistics (visa,
accommodation) related to this move.

Start and end dates of Google Engineering internships are flexible, with a
minimum duration of three months. Internships are typically full-time
positions, are paid, and take place year-round.

*The ideal intern profile for Google*

To be eligible for an internship, you should be enrolled in a BS, MS or PhD
in Computer Science or a related technical field and be within 12-18 months
of completing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, or at any stage in your PhD.

Please note that you should be returning to university after the end of your
internship, or the internship should be a formal part of completing your
studies.

The following are also key requirements:

   - Experience in systems software or algorithms.
   - Excellent programming skills (C++; Java and/or Python).
   - Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
   - Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming a plus.
   - Fluency in English

*How to apply? *

We welcome applications from students to spend an internship with us at one
of our European offices and review applications on an ongoing basis. To
maximise your chances of success we'd encourage you to apply as soon as
possible, and 4 months before the desired start of your internship at the
latest. The following
link<http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=112436>will
lead you to our online job site through which you can submit your
application. Please submit your application for the *Software Engineer
Intern - Europe* position only as it will allow us to process your
application without delay.

Your application should contain the following documents:

   - An up-to-date CV
   - University transcripts/grades (unofficial is fine, including your GPA
   if possible)
   - A cover letter stating your graduation date and when you would be
   available for an internship (minimum 3, maximum 12 months)

If you like more information about preparing your CV, please have a look at
our Preparing your
CV<http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/static.py?page=studentseu.html&sid=resume>section.

*Should you have any questions or experience technical difficulties
submitting your application, please contact us directly at
africa-interns-2009 at google.com*