[kictanet] Vitriol in cyberspace - Brian M Longwe: Moderation Alert!!

Mike Theuri mike.theuri at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:48:35 EAT 2008

Victor,

I'm surprised that you would launch a broad sided and unveiled attack on
contributors perceived to be from the diaspora to this forum. Perhaps before
you go around launching unrelated and unwarranted fires whose heat you might
not be able to handle, you might want to come face to face with the hard
fact that educated and legally present members of the diaspora do not engage
in menial jobs, period. It is largely those who wilfully or unwillingly drop
out as students and consequently fall out of legal status who happen to do
so, a fact that ex-members of the diaspora such as the PS and others who are
promoting or harnessing the enormous opportunities you reference could
attest to.

It might surprise you to learn that what you're propagating as facts going
so far as to claim you met the alleged contributors, are stereotypes and
fallacies you have created in your imagination:

- Kenya currently is the greatest contributor of students from Africa to the
US.

- Africans comprised the highest most likely group of immigrants to the US
to have
  a degree. A fact slowly being recognised in media circles following the
recent US elections :
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-generation-obamanov27,0,4600669.story

That said, it would help if you named those you found in a dire situation so
that they can be assisted by the responsible, free of
anti-diaspora bias individuals we are supposed to be.

Attacking the diaspora which is largely not represented on this forum has
nothing to do with this thread and ongoing discussions no matter how
controversial.