[kictanet] Call for Papers: IOM-09

Robert Alai alai.robert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:16:42 EAT 2008

FYI.

Important Dates
Abstract: December 12th, 2008
Final Paper: December 19th, 2008
Final Agenda: January 9th, 2009
Workshop: February, 15th, 2009

- Molly.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 3:47 PM
Subject: FW: Call for Papers: IOM-09

For more information see the workshop website:
http://berkeley.intel-research.net/iom-2009/

bj
______________________________

_______

Subject: Call for Papers: IOM-09

Call for Papers
Workshop on The Influence of I/O on Microprocessor Architecture
(IOM-2009) Co-located with HPCA-15 in Raleigh, North Carolina - February
14-18, 2009.

Increasing dependency of applications on I/O, emergence of new I/O
technologies and integration lead us to believe that I/O will have a
profound influence on future microprocessor architecture.
The workshop solicits original papers on completed work, future
directions, position papers, and/or work-in progress papers in the
following areas. We encourage all to submit papers that bring out new
and interesting approaches even if they are in early stages of
development. The main goal is to have leading researchers in academia
and industry to meet and put their ideas on the table.

- Historical perspectives on how I/O subsystems have evolved
- Evaluation of existing I/O subsystems and implications
- Microprocessor core/cache architecture enhancements for
efficient I/O processing, I/O related data movement and
power management
- Relationships between typical programmable cores,
accelerators and I/O (tightly coupled communications and
computational accelerators)
- Software-Hardware partitioning of I/O processing
- Influence of I/O subsystem virtualization
- Architectural trade-offs when integrating various forms of I/O
(wireless or wired networking, storage, USB and high
performance interconnects)
- Integration styles - monolithic integration of existing discrete
designs or infusion of I/O into microprocessor cores
- Measurement, modeling and simulation paradigms to improve
the evaluation of processor-I/O interaction

Important Dates
Abstract: December 12th, 2008
Final Paper: December 19th, 2008
Final Agenda: January 9th, 2009
Workshop: February, 15th, 2009

Submission Instructions
The document format of your submission should be in the same format used
for the HPCA conference. All submissions must be in PDF format and are
strictly limited to 10 pages. Shorter papers that clearly articulate a
position or set a fundamental direction are welcome. Please see workshop
website for further instructions.