[kictanet] Day 3 of 10:-IGF Discussions, Internet Interconnection Charges

Gakuru, Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:58:19 EAT 2008

As promised earlier,
Here's how it works. When a user types a website name into his browser
or clicks "send" to launch an e-mail, a Domain Name System server
produces an IP address for the destination. A router belonging to the
user's ISP then consults a BGP table for the best route. That table is
built from announcements, or "advertisements," issued by ISPs and
other networks -- also known as Autonomous Systems, or ASes --
declaring the range of IP addresses, or IP prefixes, to which they'll
deliver traffic.

<http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/08/revealed-the-in.html>

regards,