[kictanet] Day 9 of 10:-IGF Discussion, Socio-Cultural Issues

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:40:37 EAT 2008

Bill,

I think we should concentrate on official languages(Swahili,French) matters
that we can present to ICANN and not tribal...these are personal websites
and there is freedom of expression...so if these individuals decide to
express themselves with their native language......and there is something
offensive....then.....that should be dealt with at the policy aspect and at
a local level,(I think) and not really be used as an avenue/reason to kill
multi-lingual ism online.

Kind Regards,

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Bill Kagai <billkagai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:56 AM, mwende njiraini <
> mwende.njiraini at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> shouldn't we use it be to provide information as well as preserve our
>> culture in our languages for use by future generations?
>>
> www.jaluo.com
> www.kikuyu.com
>
> We are not yet ready for this....maybe....it could be the next avenue for
> ethnic venting.....

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson