[kictanet] Day 3 of 10:-IGF Discussions, Internet Interconnection Charges

Harry Hare harry at africanedevelopment.org
Fri Aug 15 08:34:12 EAT 2008

>So this is a perfect example of what interconnection (read peering)
should do to costs of Internet services. If the ISPs would be able to
provide a local Internet service only - am certainly sure it would cost
less than 1,000 Kshs a month for unlimited broadband links. But then
again what would you use it for?

We focus 80% of our resources (Eric's Proposal) to build capacity to access
and utilize "local internet", this will include applications, relevant
content and infrastructure (Brian's proposal).

Harry