[kictanet] Day 1 0f 10:-Internet Governance Discussions, Introductory Theme

Michuki Mwangi michuki at swiftkenya.com
Wed Aug 13 08:02:47 EAT 2008

mwende njiraini wrote:
> Brian, you have pointed out issues that we need to consider at a national
> level with the increased use of the internet;
> What are the stakeholders initiatives are there in the area of promoting
> cyber-security and trust?   For example is the Computer Security Incident
> Response Team (CSIRT-KENYA: http://www.csirt.or.ke/) active?   Do the
> provisions of the Draft ICT bill 2008 (Part IV – Electronic Transactions and
> Cybercrime) adequately address your concerns?

Just to add on to this - this past weekend, Georgia Government websites
were hit with Denial of Service attacks (DOS) and claims are that it was
  done prior to the armed attack over the weekend.

So while reviewing our policies we need to take into consideration that
the Internet is a potential battleground with equally devastating effects.

Regards,

Michuki.

believed to be clean.