[kictanet] High Fuel Prices/National ICT Strategy

David Otwoma otwomad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 12:24:38 EAT 2008

> presentations done during the recent ICT stakelholders forum at KICC

More than 14 presentations done on 31st July are available.

On another note, without affordable and reasonable power availability
and charges the growth of ICT will be stunted. Did you hear Intel
wanted to do a 'heavy' investment in Kenya provided they were assured
of 400 MW of electricity just for themselves? Current total production
sent to KPLC is below 1,200 MW and hence for security reasons it is
not possible to let intel hog one third of total available supply.

ICT and fuel costs are like identical twins. You separate them and one
must perish.

Otwoma