[kictanet] ICT/BPO Marketing Strategy

Paul Kukubo pkukubo at ict.go.ke
Fri Aug 8 12:49:43 EAT 2008

Dear colleagues,

I assure everyone that we have taken notice of your views. We recognise the
need to communicate more widely and to this effect, I have asked our Head of
Communication to adopt this mailing list as a formal medium to regularly
relay the board's programs with immediate effect.

On the specific issues raised here, our Head of Communication will relay an
appropriate response as soon as we have completed our review of the issues
raised.

I propose that this include regular updates, on a formal basis, from the
specific sector bodies which the Board provides partial support to, as a way
of creating a complete picture.

Kind regards

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Edith Adera <eadera at idrc.or.ke> wrote:

> I think we need a "holding companies to account" intervention in the ICT
> industry or "score card" intervention. South Africa has successfully
> introduced it in local authorities, which is scored by the public.
>
> This should apply across the board in the industry, not just to the ICT
> Board.
>
> Maybe a quarterly newsletter or equivalent from the ICT Board would help
> keep everyone abreast of any achievements...or progress towards concrete
> achievements. It has been rather quiet
>
> On the mandate issue, I think it needs to be reviewed if BPO is the only
> mandate...ICT4D is certainly much broader and other strategies to get
> broad-based development (including in rural areas) needs to be considered.
> worry that we might be too "centre focussed" other than the Digital
> Villages, which are yet to be rolled out to rural and remote areas.
>
> Edith

Paul Kukubo
Chief Executive Officer, Kenya ICT Board
PO Box 27150 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya

CCK Offices Waiyaki Way

Tel direct: +254 20 2089062/251152