[kictanet] ICT/BPO Marketing Strategy

Wambui Wakarema wambuiwakarema at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 18:10:43 EAT 2008

Walu

BPO will not take me to heaven, but is a pillar of Vision 2030 and is an industry that can create thousands of new jobs in Kenya. i am surprised at your flippant attitude.

If the ICT Board cannot deliver on this very important mandate, then Kenya risks losing out on an industry that can be a very large revenue generator for this country. Our competitors, like South Africa, Mauritius, India, Egypt, are working overtime to position themselves to the markets out there. If Kenya doesnt position itself at this time, we shall lose out.

Richard Mwangi's challenges (whichever they were) are besides the point. Kenya needs to put in much effort if this industry is to become a force to reckon with.

Wambui