[kictanet] Opportunity: Business Development Lead

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:06:05 EAT 2008

Job Specification: Business Development Lead

This is an excellent opportunity to join a young dynamic company in the
software sub-sector. You will help define and manage a wide range of
marketing campaigns focused on businesses and government establishments
across the Kenya and the region. Working closely with our partners you will
be responsible for leading the sales and business development teams develop
our exciting range of customer solutions. You should have a degree in
marketing, business studies or a related subject and/or at least one year
experience working in a marketing or sales department. This is a superb
opportunity to build an excellent career in a fast growth market.

Based at: Nairobi

Job purpose:  Responsible for supporting the development and implementation
of the marketing strategy, product marketing and lead generation of our
software services.

Key Responsibilities:

Marketing Strategy and Lead Generation will include:
    * Promotion of our software services.
    * Generating leads through industry research and outreach.
    * Development and implementation of marketing campaigns that deliver
quality leads for our sales and partner channels.
    * Manage the Customer Relationship Management system to track lead
generation and progress.
    * Develop and manage the corporate brand across all channels and partner
organisations.
    * Define, develop and implement strategic marketing campaigns focused on
businesses and government establishments
    * Produce client testimonials and partner references.
    * Organise and manage corporate events and exhibitions.

Key Skills:

Must Have:
    * Educated to degree level
    * IT literate
    * Self starter
    * Team Player
    * Strong writing skills and phone manner

Nice to have:
    * Recognised marketing qualification( held or training for)
    * B2B marketing experience
    * Public sector knowledge
    * Procurement knowledge/ experience
    * Strong secondary research skills
    * Experience with the IT industry

Compensation:
    * Salaries are based on success in meeting targets.
    * Base plus commissions

Application Process:
    * Send your application by *25th April 2008* to: info at openworld.co.ke