[kictanet] KCSE

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 17:38:16 EAT 2008

Well,

Whatever might have gone wrong should to be corrected:

   1. Students must receive the correct marks, the KCSE results are
   really key to anyones career and it's is very important that candidates feel
   they are holding the result which they indeed achieved.
   2. To ensure that whatever error in data mining or otherwise is
   corrected, this can only be guaranteed through a code audit. That
   application can be vetted and there really software houses that can do this.
   I hope Bwana PS will assist in ensuring ICT is seen as a positive
   contributor. This is now turning out to be a software issue and its
   important that we take note of the questions that may arise with regard to
   locally produced software.

Muthoni

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 4:34 PM, <bitange at jambo.co.ke> wrote:

> Dear All,
> My earlier e-mail to Aduda has elisted direct questions as to how the
> programing error could have occured.  Usually errors such as the one
> explained by the Minister occur during Data Mining.
>
> Researchers generally define data mining (sometimes called data or
> knowledge discovery) as the process of analyzing data from different
> perspectives and summarizing it into useful information - information that
> can be used to increase revenue, cuts costs, or both. Data mining software
> is one of a number of analytical tools for analyzing data. It allows users
> to analyze data from many different dimensions or angles, categorize it,
> and summarize the relationships identified. Technically, data mining is
> the process of finding correlations or patterns among dozens of fields in
> large relational databases like KCSE.
>
> Data does not automatically become information unless it is mined
> properly.
>

> Ndemo

> dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.

Muthoni

My Blog: http://rugongo.blogspot.com/
Mahatma Gandhi once said:-