[kictanet] Digital Villages

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Thu Apr 3 15:49:53 EAT 2008

Dr Ndemo,

It's good to learn of this new development and to know that things are
moving towards implementation. Kudos to the ICT Board!

May I ask whether there is any plan to share with stakeholders (and the
public) the DV Program implementation model that is envisaged for discussion
and feedback? Has there been some in-country background research to
determine the needs and potential areas for locating the DVs?

Having been funders of similar telecentres and community-owned networks for
the last decade across Africa, there are some hard lessons worth sharing
(some of which have already been  shared directly with the Board), but I
believe others have invaluable lessons and experiences to share.

An opportunity to publicly discuss the model will be useful.

Edith