[kictanet] Ubuntu Platform Training

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 14:09:46 EAT 2007

sent on 29 Sept 2007 2:10 pm

Hi all,

I am pleased to update you on our earlier announced
Ubuntu platform training program. We have received a
lot of diverse and encouraging interest on this
introductory course. (Also pleased to have reclaimed
some earlier users:)

We have decided to start off with Saturdays 9:00 am -
12:00 noon for lecture-type classes with students
undertaking 2-hours practical work thereafter every
class.

Sorry *nix* gurus:) our angle is NOT kernel-dev or
terminal oriented,rather a gentle Open users
introduction easy Ubuntu desktop. ( can't wait for
GNONE 2.20 in "Gutsy Gibbon". Obviously spicy IBM's
Lotus Symphony will be our Open Office package
(http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/09/gnome-update-po.html
and
http://www.howtoforge.com/ibm_lotus_symphony_ubuntu_7.04
resp)

The venue remains our near Nairobi Club, along 4th
Ngong Avenue offices, opposite George Williamson House
(off Ngong Road) Nairobi.

Unfortunately this course is not free because we are
not funded by anybody. Full Cost is Kshs 10,000 and
YES! One can pay in two installments @ Kshs 5,000/=.

will update you in due course on other scheduled
discussions on Open Source Training if something
concrete is agreed upon.

Finally, thanks all for your interest and Josiah
Mugambi for Lotus download pointer and YOU for
forwarding our training course to your various mailing
lists.

Remember we are always "send button" away - feel free
to ask me anything related through gakuru at gmail.com.

Thanks

Alex

"The Future is Open"