[kictanet] Day 4 of 10:- eContent Requirements for Regulators

Bill Kagai mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke
Mon Oct 15 12:42:02 EAT 2007

On 10/15/07, Brian Longwe <brian at isisweb.nl> wrote:

> Stung by the conspiracy theory, NSE chairman Jimnah Mbaru, rescinded
>
> the decision to lock out the investors, saying they would be
>
> accommodated even as the renovations went on.
>> There seems to be a huge corporate governance issue here. How does the
>> Chairman decide to rescind the CEO's decision - and then publicly do so?

I believe it was a protocol thingie...the Chairman was in London when the
directive was issued by the CEO...but when the decision was rescinded, he
was back in town and procedurally he was the one to make the
announcement...and in his absence the CEO....but what intrigues me is that
the regulator can set the ball rolling for you and when public pressure
mounts, your business is brought to a halt because the licensed business
'practice and procedure' guidelines are not posted in the public domain
[read..regulators' websites] for businesses to thrive and be protected.

Bildad Kagai
MD - MediaCorp Limited
Nairobi Stock Exchange [NSE] - Authorised Information Vendor
Suite B2 Tetu Apartments StateHouse Avenue
P. O. Box 20311-00200
Tel. 254 20 272 8332
Fax. Rendered Obsolete
URL. www.mediacorpafrica.com