[kictanet] Safaricom IPO Certified Urgent

Bill Kagai mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke
Fri Nov 30 12:34:15 EAT 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 11:30 AM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
> A very detailed article regarding the safaricom IPO was posted on this
> list sometimes back.
> http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/private/kictanet/2007-August/003030.html
> Has anything changed so far?
> I believe these are valid reasons, which have been raised, and which
> have been kinds whitewashed by the people concerned.
> Shouldn't these be addressed before the IPO, or should Kenyans be made
> to buy what belongs to them just because we don't want "neophytes to
> compromise our industry and the future ICT IPOs to come"?

Wash,
My beef is that am investing in shops to sell these shares and then on
Tuesday I read that some lawyers got late to attend court. I mean, the
treatment of this case is so pedestrian yet we are relying on someone
deciding whether its priority to attend court or not. This has to
change and Kictanet ought to have the balls to fight for us who are
gnashing in the confines of a depressing miasma not knowing whether to
invest or not to invest. We need Kictanet to show these politicians
that its not only their interests at stake here and tell them on their
faces. 'Don't be late for Court'.

Am not taking sides and neither interfering with the court
process...but I mean..can someone (kictanet) show them they cannot go
to court when they decide or when they have some time to spare. They
need to treat this matter with the seriousness it deserves for many
Kenyans are banking on this IPO. The next process is to get a hearing
date from the Registrar but again..these guys might get 'late' or not
have time to go and book the date. It has become crazy doing business
in this town.

Bill