[kictanet] Holding our Leaders Accountable

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Sun May 20 12:39:39 EAT 2007

Gentlemen, this is becoming a trade negotiation and i would submit
that you consider other interests in terms of the use of this platform.

Thank you.

On 19 May 2007, at 15:10, Kai U. Wulff wrote:

> You see Alex …
>

> I leave the talking to the content providers and ISPs. They have to
> come and propose to me if they like the way I look .. Maybe they
> can even tell me what to wear as the bride ….
>

> Please understand, we listen to the market and saw a need for an
> infrastructure that can provide free access to the masses. I have
> an idea what could be done with the infrastructure but asking KDN
> to DO IT is asking us to go against our believes!
>

> I usually complain that the market does not give us sufficient
> direction and I would like to repeat this here. You see, we commit
> large amounts of money into infrastructure projects in the hope of
> uptake of services. Since we can’t dictate the services provided on
> this infrastructure we are at the mercy of those service providers
> and their customers.
>

> The basic terms will be: Whatever someone wants to provide as free
> content, will be free (no KDN charge), whatever is charged, KDN
> will charge a percentage. Since there are millions of business
> cases possible, I propose we stop the arrange marriage culture and
> get to know each other first before having the first kiss or more.
> My aim is not to make you drunk and slip you roofies .. since you
> know where my house is!
>

> And thank you for forgiving me that I am German and that I believe
> all business is mutual and based on rust and handshake .. I don’t
> think I will grow old enough to change that!
>

> Kai

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800 ext 2031
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/eric/
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"