[kictanet] Does the ICT constituency matter?

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 11:28:43 EAT 2007

Dear Listers,

Now that I missed the great debate that almost was, I have
had time to think 'brutal' by daring to ask the
question-Does the ICT constituency matter?

>From a political point of view - narrow as it maybe - the
ICT constituency may not matter.  2 million urban,
middle-class  internet (ICT?)users, stuck  between the two
cities of Nairobi & Mombasa may not be worthy of national
political consideration...

So if I was a presidential candidate in .KE, you will
forgive me if I concentrated on issues that the common man
can identify with...land, tribalism, corruption,
insecurity....unless ofcourse u  get a way to give the
above an ICT twist...

walu.

http://kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com