[kictanet] debate of the year

Lucy Kimani lkimani at comnews.co.ke
Fri May 18 07:59:38 EAT 2007

Becky:

>From the comments on the debate, its even now more disturbing when what I
took for arrogance and the usual lack of humility among Kenyan leaders,
turns out to be that their competence on the ICT areana, and God knows
what other areas is questionable!  Do these aspiring presidential
candidates fully understand what it takes to lead a country?  I think the
media have a responsibility to expose to the citizens of Kenya fully the
calibre of leaders presenting themselves as ready to lead while in all
honesty they may be ill equipped for the same!  Public debate among
candidates should not be an option rather it should be a duty to so that
we can see what we are getting, and these aspirants dont hide behind
crowds!  The minimum reforms should include manditory debates! I say no
more free passes!

LK