[kictanet] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: presidential aspirants' debate on ICT enabled Kenyan Economy]

alice alice at apc.org
Thu May 17 18:57:29 EAT 2007

Hi Shem,

Thanks for the probe - as I recall all the presidential aspirants
were invited - Hon. Kibaki is the incumbent and his Govt has already
clearly demonstrated both their vision and made some crystallisation
and deliverables over the period - we wanted to hear what/how the
others intended to handle ICT issues in their government (if elected)
and what part ICT played in their vision.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the loud silence says it all.......

Brian

On May 17, 2007, at 9:44 AM, Shem Ochuodho wrote:

> [...]
> Mwai Kibaki, and other presidential candidates (Jirongo,
> Pattni, Bishop ... and all the rest)?
>
> Warmest regards,
> Shem
> KCA 2006/07 Excellence Award Winner
> 2005/06 AfricaOnline Industry Pioneer Award Recipient
>
>     On Thu, 10 May 2007 15:28:33 +0300
>  "waudo siganga" <emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
>> Thank you Engineer. I will be away for WITSA meetings in
>> Kualr Lumpur
>> 14-19 May. Keziah Muthoni will attend on my behalf.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Waudo Siganga
>> Chairman
>> The Computer Society of Kenya
>>

>> On Thu, 10 May 2007 14:20:10 +0300, "alice"
>> <alice at apc.org> said:
>>> *_Mainstreaming Information Communication Technology
>> (ICT) Agenda in
>>> 2007 national electioneering debate_*
>>>
>>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) wishes to
>> invite you the ICT
>>> debate titled- *Mainstreaming ICT agenda in 2007
>> national electioneering
>>> debate* scheduled for May 16^th 2007 at 2 pm, at the
>> Norfolk hotel.
>>>

>>> *KICTANet has invited political leaders- hon. Julia
>> Ojiambo, hon. Joseph
>>> Nyaga, hon. William Ruto, hon. Kalonzo Musyoka, hon.
>> Musalia Mudavadi,
>>> hon. Raila Odinga, hon. Mutahi Kagwe, Nazlin Umar, hon.
>> Najib Balala and
>>> hon. Uhuru Kenyatta to share their vision of an ICT
>> enabled Kenyan
>>> economy. *
>>>

>>> As a member of KICTANet, your presence is important so
>> that we can pose
>>> questions concerning private sector, civil society,
>> media, academia, and
>>> government
>>>

>>> Because you are an expert in your area, the questions
>> you have ever
>>> wanted to ask the leaders, you can ask them that day.
>> KICTANet hopes
>>> that the debate will assist in advancing ICT issues and
>> demonstrate why
>>> we need to start holding our leaders accountable.
>>>

>>> As we head to the general elections, KICTANet desires
>> to lift ICT issues
>>> into the political agenda and demonstrate how the two
>> issues can be
>>> meshed up to accelerate development in Kenya and bridge
>> the digital
>>> divide.
>>>

>>> KICTANet is counting on you to make this a success.
>>>
>>> Yours faithfully,
>>>

>>> Eng. James Rege,
>>>
>>> KICTANet
>>>

> ---
> Submitted by: Dr. Shem Ochuodho - CEO - RITA -RWANDA
> <shem.ochuodho at rita.rw> 2007-05-17 02:50:47 EDT4
> (Please reply to original submitter for private communication)
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to kiplist-cl as: [brian at pure-id.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to leave-kiplist-

---
Submitted by: Brian Longwe <brian at pure-id.com> 2007-05-17 11:47:58 EDT4
You are currently subscribed to kiplist-cl as: [alice at apc.org]