[kictanet] Day 5 - Statistics on Affordability- CCKInternetStudyReport

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Fri May 11 09:37:07 EAT 2007

Kai, i dont want to belittle the business element but really it is a
chicken and egg situation, do u reduce drastically down and get more
users or ascertain more users to reduce drastically.

If there is empirical evidence of much much more traffic then i think
KDN  would obvious reduce the price to take advantage of volume.

Not knowing what is on the ground i think this particular case
becomes a business and or government excercise so it would be good if
we can take this off a public forum and then get the parties working
out the mechanics.

Eric here

On 11 May 2007, at 09:47, Kai Wulff wrote:

> As mentioned, the price on fiber is a function of usage. The
> current prices
> we charge are substantially lower than anything that was there
> before and
> are moving downwards. If we had more users (maybe even the
> Government using
> it), we could reduce further ..

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800 ext 2031
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/eric/
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"