[kictanet] Common services policy

Mr President njenga_mp at myway.com
Tue May 8 12:34:49 EAT 2007

 Hi ALLWould it be possible to have a common services policy, that would entail laying of services like communications, internet via optical fibre,electricity etc in common ducts.This would anable sharing of costs by users for maintenance, access by all providers, and a reduction is costs of digging up trenches for each service provider ?It would also enable easy access for repairs and upgrades.A certain amount of "joint" planning -which is lacking- would reduce the over all cost of rolling out the infrastructure nationwide.It can be financed, via govt investment bonds, that  should have NO capital gains tax,council and municipal bonds etc.My take is that the funds can not only be  sourced but also applied in the most logical way, and this would provide massive employment for rolling out the sameLater the infrastructure can be given to firm(s) to maitain at a nominal fee as "local" outsourcing for none core business.Lawyers could work out legalities, contractors "LOCAL" not
chinese prisoners being fronted as cheap labour, municipal and other local authorities could have the service now and not later, funds could also be sourced via the women funds, youth funds, lasdap, latf and CDF whcih is set to increase to 10%The aformentioned would enable urban and rural industrialisation by 2010 as envision by Hon Raila and not 2030 by reactives  as opposed to pro-actives.The  "Greemen" concept sounds to me like the wheel, yet we seem to want to invent it again "kenyan " style ama ?MAy the souls of those who departed rest in peace and may all of us observe a moment of silence and prayer for them and their loved onesNjenga M.P those who fear to fail.will never try to succeded,for to fail to plan is to plan to FAIL