[kictanet] How do we escalate the ICT Bill?

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 10:04:18 EAT 2007

In an earlier post there was an assumption that an ICT board had been
created?? well in yesterdays paper....it seems like its still in the
pipeline......

http://www.nationmedia.com/dailynation/nmgcontententry.asp?category_id=2&newsid=94830

May be this is where we begin....who are these guys(ICT Board),and we push
from here....how does honourable choose them?

On other issues,we (as KictaNet)could try and start orientation.....on the
what we believe would be the benefits...if this Bill would be passed.

e.g

1.Did you know that Nairobi has the biggest WIFI deployment in Africa? can
we make good use of it?

2. Could we move from the Mailing List to an e-learning platform? where we
could grasp all that is discussed,with the  topics as a learning
venture.....you could easily find an earlier discussed topic,to find
reference,than trying to browse through your inbox.
And even,three years down the line,anybody could still get the contents...

the meetings: if guys cannot be able to attend physically....then the chat
facility that comes with elearning platforms would come in handy.....in the
long run we could introduce a short course 'induction -to- elearning' and
get guys through....etc.

I forsee a situation whereby...the Bill has been passed...so how do we
implement? how do I use this facility? etc..I think this is where we should
be @.....orientation!

Kind regards,

On 3/29/07, Muriuki Mureithi <mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke> wrote:

> We are now in April and shortly parliament will exclusively focus on
> budget
> and constitution --- it is worrying if the ICT bill will ever see the
> light
> of the day
> Any information as to whether it has been published by AG?
> Muriuki
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Summit Strategies Ltd  -
> ICT Consultancy  &  Research in  Eastern & Central African markets
> Contacts : Tel  +254 (20) 3875824 , Cell + 254 (722) 520090,
> email: mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
> alternate email : muriuki.mureithi at gmail.com

Judy Ann Okite,
+254-721237507,+254-734252336
P.O. BOX 2228 00100,
NAIROBI,KENYA.

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll still get run over if you just
sit there."