[kictanet] CCK urges more Internet access

Joseph Mucheru mucheru at wananchi.com
Sat Mar 31 04:17:27 EAT 2007

>From the discussions there were more recommendation and in particular the
introduction and maintenance of fair play and competition, harmonisation of
the current market structure that does not promote competition. There were
further recommendation on content development and government participation
in provision of online services through e-government and other initiatives,
there was recommendation on the regulator directly supporting the Kenya
Internet Exchange Point (KIXP).

In fact additional recommendations on a vertically integrated license to
incorporate facilities as well as service provision and access to the end
users directly. This was suggested as the Data Carrier Network Operator
(DCNO) license

Basically the report will be available on the CCK website from Monday for
comments and I propose Walu and co you set up a specific list discussion to
ensure the recommendations and views provided will be coordinated and all
encompassing.

--
Joseph Mucheru
Executive Director