[kictanet] Request for information: Offshore software developmentin Africa

Muriuki Mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Wed Mar 28 11:04:44 EAT 2007

Dear Leah
In the month of Jan to March we did a study on outsourcing phenomena in
Kenya as a part of a African wide study for University of Maryland,
Specifically the objective was to

-	Explore and evaluate the extent  of outsourcing services
-	Describe the  challenges faced  by entrepreneurs
-	Investigate the  critical negotiation issues among the operators,
partners and local actors
-	Provide   policy makers and entrepreneurs with strategies and
options  to enhance competitiveness for off-shore / (BPO) services
-	use these results to inform what can be done in concrete steps to
make the Africa ICT sector more competitive in the next 5-10 years

The outcome of the study was presented to a conference of African Ministers
of communications that took  place in USA  mid this  month.

I think this would be useful to you and will let you know once the study is
finalised and published most likely in the coming month or so

Very best regards
Muriuki Mureithi

Summit Strategies Ltd  -
ICT Consultancy  &  Research in  Eastern & Central African markets
Contacts : Tel  +254 (20) 3875824 , Cell + 254 (722) 520090,
email: mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
 alternate email : muriuki.mureithi at gmail.com