[kictanet] 2-Day eHealth Workshop closes with a suprise

Michael Joseph MJoseph at Safaricom.co.ke
Tue Mar 27 12:01:36 EAT 2007

I would like to mention that we (Safaricom) will be commencing a trial
of an e-medicine project with the GSMA (GSM Association) later this year
using the mobile terminals as a means to collate, transfer and collect
medical data for use in remote areas. A similar trial is underway in
Rwanda now and I have managed to persuade the GSMA to allow and sponsor
a similar trial here in Kenya.

Regards,

Michael

CEO
Safaricom Limited

-----Original Message-----
From: kictanet-bounces+mjoseph=safaricom.co.ke at kictanet.or.ke
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+mjoseph=safaricom.co.ke at kictanet.or.ke] On
Behalf Of Pauline Muthigani
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:13 AM
To: Michael Joseph
Subject: Re: [kictanet] 2-Day eHealth Workshop closes with a suprise

Hello,
I too had a chance to attend the same workshop .And relate to what Walu
is
saying.I have studied many African countries and I can simply state that
the difference between Kenya and the likes of Rwanda and Namibia is that
Kenya we are GREAT In policy making  BUT not as GREAT when it comes to
implementation! Kenya got GREAT plans/policies but challenged when it
comes to fast implementation.

SA ,Namibia Morocco,Egypt, Tunisia and the Rwandas of Africa have their
govt supporting ICT fully, same here our government does , but then why
is
the implementation speed so low. What must we do to expedite
implementing
of these.. WE NEED ACTION ACTION ACTION!!

albest,

Pauline

--
Pauline Muthigani