[kictanet] Kibaki sets up ICT advisory body

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Mon Mar 19 12:35:59 EAT 2007

Dear KICTANET Members,

The text below are extremely strategic and important that permit me
to stick them again for emphasis;

"Speaking during the opening of an Information Communication
Technology (ICT) strategy conference in Nairobi last year, President
Kibaki noted that development of any country is dependent on
accessibility to knowledge, information and communications.

He said the Government would set aside funds in the next Financial
Year to re-skill and re-orient Kenyans towards the demands of ICT.

Information and Communication Permanent Secretary, Mr Bitange Ndemo,
said local ICT standards must be in line with global expectations to
enable the country compete in the $300 billion (Sh2 trillion)
outsourcing market."

The President has make a strategic statement, i only wish the funds
could be made available this year and Dr. Ndemo as usual points us to
the opportunity. If the government does not have the money now cant
someone find a PPP way of addressing this?

All the various stakeholders must begin to rally round the vision and
move some action. For example, someone should go to the government
and say i have developed the re-skilling and re-orienting programme
in partnership with government and this is what i can provide and
this is what i need from government. Folks, this is the opportunity,
dont let it pass by......

Eric here

On 19 Mar 2007, at 08:54, alice wrote:

> thats encouraging massage from the president of Kenya

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800 ext 2031
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/eric/
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"