[kictanet] [Fibre-for-africa] Kenya's fibre optic cable project queried]

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 07:23:56 EAT 2007

John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote: My fear is that Kenyans have a knack for smelling
ghosts(& rats?) in all sorts of places. I would hate
to see this process bogged down in courts for one
reason or the other...

walu.

On courts, just to tinker with legal wording:-

 “The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice
the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis,
true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a
commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect.”

Jimmy Carter quotes (American 39th US President (1977-81).
Nobel Prize for Peace in 2002. b.1924)

Also:

"..conflicts in this world are due to resources, are due to the fact that there are those of us who feel like we have a right to access resources, whatever they are. We have a right to exploit those resources, whatever they are. And we do not feel obligated to share those resources, equitably. We want to exclude..... Sooner or later, those who are excluded become angry and they react."

Prof. Wangari Maathai, 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate, September 20th, 2005 <http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/09/20/1330227>

The Internet is the single biggest resource in the world today, and it must be
urgently pursued, widely distributed, and aggressively protected so that it
can benefit everyone.

/Alex