[kictanet] Public Safety Networks (was Re: My Evening in Jail (O.K, next to Jail)

James Rege jamesrege at africaonline.co.ke
Thu Mar 8 23:10:04 EAT 2007

I discussed this issue with Simbanet before I left the Ministry in 2005, and
they agreed to provide Y-max as a technology test case to monitor the CBD -
a project which can be picked up easily by the Ministry of Tourism police
department.  Where else could the Ministry spend their budget if not in
tourists protection.  Actually any network operator could pick this as a
challenge (choose a street of interest - very similar to Esther's street
lighting project).  CCTV Monitoring center could be at KICC where tourist
police department offices are located.  If you have had the opportunity to
visit Santon, South Africa, and keen enough to look around you will notice a
number of street lighting posts with monitoring cctv properly camouflaged.
No one dears mess around on these streets any more.

James Rege
Juba, Sudan.