[kictanet] Public Safety Networks (was Re: My Evening in Jail (O.K, next to Jail)

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Thu Mar 8 09:56:27 EAT 2007

Brian,

A while back (mid last year), CISCO initiated discussions with a number of
partners (the Police included) to explore the use of wireless CCTV cameras
along selected streets within the CBD to enhance public safety.

The then OCPD for Nairobi was keen on wireless units for police patrols to
ease response to crime.

Does anyone know what became of CISCO's effort?