[kictanet] Alexander Forbes Financial Services (EA) Limited donates computers

Jose' ngunjirijnr at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 23:24:57 EAT 2007

Through the Kictanet forum,Mr.James Kagwe of Alexander Forbes came into contact with Kimathi Information Centre "DIGITAL VILLAGE" and has been following the organizational performance with great interest.

Mr.Kagwe wrote an email and suggested that he would love to donate some few working computers to the centre to be used for training and bridging the digital divide as is always evidently stressed at the centre.

The main core activity of the centre is not only to bridge the digital gap by training but also ensuring that the whole community gets a glimpse on how computers will ease their daily lives and enhance there business productivity.

Four working computers were donated on Monday 18Th,June,2007.We purpose to use them for training.On the ground we had 13 computers for which 12 are being used to train 12 students per two hours.Now we shall increase the number to 16 students per two hours.

Mr.James Kagwe has emphasized on the PPP(Public Private Partnership) that Dr.Bitange Ndemo always emphasizes apron.The four computers donated will be serviced at the computers for Schools Kenya(CFSK) if they get to break down.

We cannot forget to mention our mentor Ms.Edith Adera of IDRC who has worked tirelessly to see us(K.I.C) to the position we are in today.Having networked us to Kictanet-Ms.Alice,Ministry of Information-Dr.Bitange Ndemo and Computers for schools-Mr.Tom Musili.Just to mention a few.

With this thank you very much Mr.James Kagwe for reaching out to our vision of "BRIDGING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE THROUGH ICT"

Best Regards,
Jose' Njuki-Imwe Ngunjiri || +254 722 336754 ||

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.