[kictanet] Zimbabwe Legalises ICT Censorship?

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 14:03:28 EAT 2007

Good luck to them -China with much more technical and
financial clout once tried and continues to try to censor
thier Net but with little success..

I mean if a Govt does not like what is on their domestic
domains or websites, they may and can block it but the same
content would be published on foreign domains/websites and
the same citizens would then access it via their PCs,
Mobile Phones, iPods, Internet-cum-Radio Casts amongst
other Optinos.

But unless ofcourse the said Government also pulls down the
Country's plug onto the global internet -which judging by
the recent trends in Zim might not be as far fetched as it
sounds (Oops! Apologies,I maybe wrong on that account,
because its based on media reports which from -the recent
heated exchanges on this list - could be biased).

walu.

http://www.nationmedia.com/dailynation/nmgcontententry.asp?premiumid=0&category_id=66&newsid=100336