[kictanet] It's a new twist for Econet Wireless

Mike Theuri mike.theuri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:11:42 EAT 2007

Alex/Dr. Ndemo,

I believe the FOI would be a useful tool in helping unravel the
mystery even across governmental departments. As much I would want to,
I do not have all the information. Indeed if the regulator would open
up the pre-qualification documents to an FOI request it would tell us
and confirm for all if the foreign entity misrepresented and misled
the regulator as to its claimed operations, subscriber base,
reputation and turnover by comparing these to its audited reports from
the UK and any other countries in which it operates or is registered.

Secondly I reffered to a treasury report written by some of the
Goverment's technocrats that then Finance Minister Chris Okemo
reffered to in denying Econet a chance to buy into Telkom Kenya ought
to be a report the public ought to see through FOI.

Thirdly, we would be able to determine from redacted documents what
taxpayer funded institutions such as KACC were investigating before
they were abruptly stopped from continuing with their lawful duties
and who in the Government handed down these instructions.

Regards,

Mike Theuri