[kictanet] kenyan techies headed to jail

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 19:10:24 EAT 2007

Njeri R,

I know everyone seems mute on this issue but your silence
is loudest given your insider advantage at ICANN.  what is
your take on these clauses on internet domain
administration?

Even before looking at the potential technical and
administrative overload at CCK for registering and
monitoring internet domain administrators in the country, i
still couldnt get the spirit of, or motive for these
clauses.

Could it be that the country needs a way of controlling
potential cyber sqautters? and if so, is this the best way
to go about it? or might there be another function this
clauses aim to serve that we are not aware of.

walu.

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com