[kictanet] Digital Saba Saba Wish List: holds them accountable!

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 12:06:54 EAT 2007

You're welcome Judy,

Recent illegitimate media houses visits cause fears

Whereas they now reinforced doors, windows, and gates
will small ISPs ( now included) afford this kind of
private anti-raid security? I have no problems with
internationally acceptable emergencies and life-saving
situations, BUT "in the interest of public safety and
tranquility"

Who determines what tranquility/when "tranquilizers"
are not working, and does safety mean censoring some
e-content as well? Is it usual for separate minister
be specifically mentioned and wouldn't "Appropriate
Emergency Response" authority suffice.

Unlike me, Kanja and all ISPs are you comfortable? ]

Clause 129 (1) (pp. 1261) states: -

"On the declaration of any public emergency or in the
interest of public safety and tranquility, the
Minister for the time being responsible for internal
security may, by order in writing direct-

(a) any officer duly authorised in that behalf to take
temporary possession of any telecommunication
apparatus or any radio communication station or
apparatus within Kenya, and
(b)
(c)
(d)
(e) (i) & (ii)

--- judy okite <judyokite at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Thnx Alex,
>   2.6 UNIVERSAL ACCESS
>   c) Creating incentives for service providers to
> deploy services in rural and under-served areas;
>
>   I wish it would read like this:
>
>   Provide incentives, such as tax relief and reduced
> regulatory fees for operators
>   and service providers engaged in public access
> projects, including rollout and
>   provision of ICT services in underserved areas
>
>   Kind Regards,
>

> Alex Gakuru <alex.gakuru at yahoo.com> wrote: Dear
> Judy,
>
> In the absence of the Kenya Gazette Notice No: 2431
> (Vol CVIII No.24 Dated 31 march March, 2006) from
> the
> ministry website, I've scanned my hard copy and
> attached.
>
> On Monday, 04 June 2007, Rebecca posted the ICT Bill
> presently before parliament.
>
> Also attached is the 2006 draft ICT Bill we wrote
> about

com_content&task=view&id=19557&Itemid=93〈=en_GB>

http://www.chrisreevehomepage.com/nothing-is-impossible.html

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/judyokite%40gmail.com

> > --
> > Judy Ann Okite,