[kictanet] KENYA ’S ECONOMY HELD BACK BY LACK OF ONLINE PAYMENT AUTHORISA TION SYSTEMS

Lucy Kimani lkimani at comnews.co.ke
Tue Jul 10 21:44:44 EAT 2007

Alice,

The ICT community is ready with the technology for payment gateways, but I
dont see any movement on the Kenya Banking Law that needs to be revised to
enable this to become a reality.

Perhaps Bw. Ndemo can have a word with his counter-part in finace so they
get ontop of this issue.  I would hate for TEAMS/eSSAY/Flag etc to become
realities and find us as a country not ready to take full advantage, who
knows perhaps the East African Integration will happen at about the same
time, and we need to be ready to take advantage of a new 120+ million
customers(and a whole lot more if Rwanda joins).

So its just not the tourism industry that has a stake in this, we do too,
question is how to get organized into a lobby group to make this a
reality.

LK