[Kictanet] Day 8 of 10 : - Projected Impact of OFC on the Stakeholders

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 17:33:28 EAT 2007

Public Finance of Telecommunications
by Roland H. Alden
In an earlier essay on EASSy (the East African Submarine
Cable System) I sharply criticized the EASSy consortium’s
OPEC-like characteristics, and took the position that
public money (and government regulation, which is a public
resource) should not be used to finance telecommunications
monopolies. But while it is easy to find fault with EASSy,
and its already-built and dysfunctional sister project in
West Africa called SAT3, it is somewhat harder to be clear
and precise regarding exactly how these telecommunications
projects should be structured.

This story gets even hotter
@ http://www.ralden.com/C1/EASSy/default.aspx

walu.