[Kictanet] Day 6 of 10: Best Business & Regulatory Modelforprovisioning OFC(EASsy, TEAMs, etc)

Michael Joseph MJoseph at Safaricom.co.ke
Tue Jan 30 14:15:47 EAT 2007

I think it is necessary to discuss how this will all be funded.
Submarine cables systems are expensive to install and maintain, and I
have yet to see or hear of any firm proposals of how this will all be
funded.  I have heard talk of SPV's with Government putting up the
initial capital, IPO's etc. but nothing in writing.  As one of the
potential main users of an international submarine cable and probably
one that might be asked to participate in the funding, it would be
useful to start this dialog quite early.

Regards,

Michael

CEO

Safaricom Limited