[Kictanet] Day 4 of 10: What are the Existing/Sugested

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Tue Jan 30 13:43:49 EAT 2007

Alan,

The specific context here was "regulation" and am sorry you read my explanation to mean
money on the cable. That is not the case, however the cable needs to make enough money to
keept itself running otherwise we dont have a cable.

Ultimately, the objective is to get cheaper prices than the exhaubitant options we cannot
curently afford so the end result of my point from the regulatory side joins into  John's point.

When there is competition on the infrastructure side, because the first cable is cheap, others
would have to be cheaper and more reliable so the proposition is to assume a certain
structure and regulatory as well as financial mechanism that makes the first cable as cheap
as possible.

Eric here