[Kictanet] Why do we need International OpticalFiberConnectivity?- 1 Day Discussion

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:40:22 EAT 2007

OK. I understand this is not a satellite discussion but....FOUR AFRICAN
COUNTRIES already have Russian made satellites in the Orbit. South Africa,
Egypt, Algeria and Nigeria. All am asking, is buying one of those Russian
Satellites economical vis-a-vis a submarine cable??

http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2003/october/satellite.htm

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Nigeria enters space
age<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3141690.stm>
*
Nigeria**'s* first *satellite* - part of an international
disaster-monitoring network - is launched from Russia.
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3141690.stm Egypt to launch first spy
satellite | Jerusalem
Post<http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1167467733037&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull>In
an effort to gain a foothold in space and gather intelligence on Israel and
other Middle Eastern countries, Egypt plans to launch its first spy
satellite www.jpost.com/servlet/*Satellite*?cid=1167467733037&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
- 57k -

 SUNSAT - South Africa's First satellite<http://www.cellular.co.za/sunsat.htm>

*South Africa's* First *Satellite* - 'Sunsat' *...* students from the
University of Stellenbosch, SUNSAT-1 heralds *South Africa's* entry into the
Space Age. *...*
www.cellular.co.za/sunsat.htm - 17k -
Cached<http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:uBJjT2kszbYJ:www.cellular.co.za/sunsat.htm+south+africa+satellite&hl=en&gl=ke&ct=clnk&cd=4>-
Similar
pages<http://www.google.co.ke/search?hl=en&lr=&q=related:www.cellular.co.za/sunsat.htm>
  African satellites in
orbit<http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2003/october/satellite.htm>NigeriaSat-1
and UK-DMC preparing for thermal vacuum Three satellites for Nigeria,
Turkeyand the
UK, have just joined the *Algerian satellite* launched last *...*
www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2003/october/*satellite*.htm - 14k -