[Kictanet] Why do we need International Optical Fiber Connectivity?- 1 Day Discussion

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 15:12:09 EAT 2007

Greetings All,

As announced the previous week(s) on this list, we wish to
kick-off the discussion on this important submarine cable
developments.

The general program is listed below and I would like  us to
get started.  But 2 ground rules.

***Keep your contributions brief and to the point. (2-3
paragraphs, otherwise members may not have time to read
through, if you have lengthy additions, just give us the
url)
***Summary contributions shall be provided at the end of
each discussion theme. Leading contributions shall be
acknowledged and rewarded by sponsorship to a subsequent
face-2-face meeting on the same topic.

So the floor is open and the question for the next 12hrs
is:Why do we need International Optical Fiber
Connectivity?-
Plse contributed by showing the advantages, opportunities,
etc of undersea fiber cable...

~~~~~000~~~~~
The other Questions/Issues that will follow.

1) Why do we need International Optical Fiber Connectivity?
(1day)
2) What are the existing (and possible) Business/Financial
models for Optical Fiber Submarine Cables?(2days)
3) What are the existing (and possible) Regulatory models
for Optical Fiber Submarine Cables?(2days)
4) What would be the ideal model for East Africans? (2days)
5) How will this (ideal) model impact on the existing
stakeholders(Consumers, Operators, Regulators,etc)(2days)
6) How can conflicting stakeholder interest be
resolved?(2days)