[Kictanet] Monday forum please attend

Njeri Rionge njeri.rionge at igniteconsulting.co.ke
Thu Jan 18 23:07:17 EAT 2007

Hi Rebecca,

I would have liked to attend however I am out of town and will follow up
with you on way forward.

With thanks,

Njeri,

On 1/18/07 1:59 PM, "Rebecca Wanjiku" <rebeccawanjiku at yahoo.com> wrote:

> PROPOSED REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM (RCIP)
>
> STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATION WORKSHOP
>
> Hope you are planning to attend the stakeholder workshop on the proposed
> regional Communication Infrastructure Program (RCIP) on Monday.
>

> The consultation workshop organized jointly by the ministry of Information and
> Communication and the World Bank. The forum will address issues relating to
> connectivity, lowering costs and the environmental implications of the
> infrastructure.
>

> The World Bank claims that Economic development in Eastern and Southern Africa
> (E&SA) is held back by prohibitive telecommunications and ICT costs due to
> incomplete liberalization and lack of infrastructure.
>

> The proposed Regional Communications Infrastructure Program (RCIP) is a joint
> World Bank Group effort to leverage private sector participation along side
> efforts by eight other development partners (AfDB <http://www.afdb.org/> , AFD
> <http://afd.fr/> , DBSA <http://www.dbsa.org/> , DFID
> <http://www.dfid.gov.uk/> , EIB
> <http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/TOPICS/EXTINFORMATIONANDCOMMUNICATIO
> NANDTECHNOLOGIES/www.eib.europa.eu> , EU <http://europa.eu/> , KfW
> <http://www.kfw.de/EN_Home/index.jsp>  and SIDA <http://www.sida.se/> ).
>
> It will be a chance for you to interrogate the project and find out what it
> will cost the country in terms of WB demands.
>

> The minister, the PS and other senior WB officials will be present to answer
> any questions regarding the project.
>

> It will also be a forum where stakeholders in the ICT industry can find out
> more about the position of the ICT bill and whether the priority should be
> making the process transparent or putting in place an Act that can safeguard
> against any excesses by procuring entities.
>

> The PS has forwarded the registration and background documents but if you
> require any assistance, just email me.
>

> alice at apc.org wrote:
>> Dear All
>>
>> Becky Wanjiku, a journalist with Highway Africa, will be working with the
>> KICTAnet to produce our monthly E-bulletins as well as working on other
>> communication and events related tasks. These projects are supported by the
>> Open Society Institute Eastern Africa (OSIEA), Wananchi online, KENET and
>> the Embassy of Finland in Kenya.
>>
>> Thank you and best regards
>> alice

> Rebecca Wanjiku,
> journalist,
> p.o box 33515,
> Nairobi.00600
> Kenya.
>
> Tel. 254 720 318 925
>
> blog:http://beckyit.blogspot.com/
>

> The fish are biting.
>  Get more visitors
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponso
> redsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>  on your
> site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.
> [...]

=======================
Njeri Rionge
Chief Executive Office
Ignite Consulting & Investment Limited

EDEN SQUARE
7th Floor, Chiromo Road, Westlands
P. O. Box 15568 00100 GPO  Nairobi, Kenya

Tel:   254-20-3673250-9
Cell: 254-722-522-136
Email: njeri.rionge at igniteconsulting.co.ke
ICQ: 223-200-887      Skype: riongen     ichat: riongen