[kictanet] E-Centre in Eastlands-Kimathi Estate

Jose' ngunjirijnr at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 10:48:50 EAT 2007

That will be a great opportunity for exposure for the centre to appear in the magazine.

I am not a journalist but I love reading alot of books.I am a mobile phone technician working with a Nokia Authorized dealer shop on Koinange street.I am having the centre run with two other directors,who we all work on part time.The youth we trained run the centre and we get update after every hour on how the centre is doing.

Yes its a business venture for the youth and its profitable.Fully self sustaining its self.Fully fledged one stop youth E-centre.Comp Games,newspapers,books and very soon an entertainment game centre fully fledged with X-boxes,Ps-games and TFT 21" television sets.Self funding venture run by the youth,for the youth,in benefit of the who community.We train the older folks on how to send emails and how  to use the computers.

At the moment,we are partnering with Kenya Police to actually train them in return for security.They guard the centre,and we train them for free.We haven't rolled it out fully but currently,we are having a pilot pro gramme of training two Police men for the next three months.If we succeed,we shall have up to 30 Policemen get trained with us.(We have trained ourselves to see an opportunity out of every adversity with now the current insecurity in our area.)

Our plan is to roll it out the E-learning centres,by franchising with having it in every estate in Eastlands run by the youth but owned by Kimathi Information Centre.Whereby,we shall be training the youth,who in turn we shall supply computers to them.

"Please call me thank you" I need to tell you more.
or again log on to www.kimathiinformationcentre.com if I have left some issues out.My number is just beside my name below.

Best Regards,
Jose' Njuki-Imwe Ngunjiri || +254 722 336754 ||