[kictanet] Wirelessweek: ItXs All Mobile Now

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 15:32:36 EAT 2007

Hey Kai,

But I am not talking about a national company here, just increasing options for the small rural ISP outreach (where large telcos this far lack the business case justifying heavy investment you outlined).

I know salaries, office  rent, security watchmen, etc are all needed.

BTW there are local guys who are making masts at Kshs 60,000/= each and they're great. Unless they should also be imported?

Gakuru

"Kai U. Wulff" <kai.wulff at kdn.co.ke> wrote:       If you dont need a mast, power, security, switching  and Backhaul ...

 The BTS is not the issue but the O&M and the  CPEs ..

 Btw. we had 68 Wimax BTS!

 Kai