[kictanet] reconciling stakeholder interests

Rebecca Wanjiku rebeccawanjiku at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 12:08:31 EAT 2007

thank you all for the discussions so far,
  but we did not have much discussions about the consortium model and how it works, and how we can all maximise the benefits,

  granted all the detailed discussions about business models, regulatory models, and the impact of OFC, we would like to wrap up the discussions by discussing ways to reconcile the interests.

  we have heard discussions about deregulation and the need to protect consumers from profit-driven investors. How can the interests be balanced.

  still on regulation, what is the way forward, can regulation issues on OFC be incorporated in the draft policy or do they fit in within the legal regime envisaged under the draft policy?

  lets get the discussions going and finalise it,

  we will have a face to face meeting where the PS will attend to all our questions and give an update,

  regards
  becky

Rebecca Wanjiku,
journalist,