[kictanet] [Kictanet] Existing/Appropriate Regulatory Models for OFC (2days)

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:10:30 EAT 2007

I must admit, I have never thought of how many internet users Kenya has. A
quick google search on '.co.ke' returns 750,000 results. A search on
'.or.ke' returns 217,000 results. I wonder if this tallies with Kenic
records.....Michuki??? These domains possibly don't have a single user
each..so 1 million users sounds outrageous to me. And 1 million domains
registered insinuates Kenic collects approx kshs (3000*1 million)...When is
Kenic going public??

CIA 'reports' Kenya internet users at 1,054,900 (2005).
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/ke.html

Any reports done on this??..and what algorithms/logic are deployed to
estimate these stats??

Bill