[kictanet] NSIS website hacked?

Patrick Mburu patrick.mburu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:08:28 EAT 2007

Dear all,

I have seen a lot of correspondence put on here and cheer our IT fraternity
for leading the dialogues / identifying issues in this respect and other
issues collectively; as more corporate's in Kenya particularly join the joys
of the WWW, some, mostly dealing in e-services and the like, are just about
to start experiencing preliminary stages of cyber crime / cyber attacks such
as web vandalism,: which does include web site defacing,...Gathering Data:
poaching of data that is not securely handled, and the list goes on....As we
approach a new information "era" in EA, it is imperative that the relative
authorities look into measures to look address information security and
accountability...and if I may mention social responsibility measures where
applicable.. that would need to be established accordingly...

In anycase, wishing all a great end to the week, and happy belated Jamuhuri
day.

Regards
Mburu,

Patrick M. Mburu