[kictanet] Computer parts and peripherals

Nieri, Diana MainaX diana.mainax.nieri at intel.com
Mon Dec 10 11:45:16 EAT 2007

Hi all,

Please check out today's story from PS. Dr. Ndemo on taxes on computer
components

http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4777&I
temid=5847
<http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4777&
Itemid=5847>

Computer parts and peripherals attract Import Duty and VAT whereas fully
assembled systems imported from outside the country attract neither Duty
nor VAT  .This move has affected  Locally assembled Systems adversely,
as the very components used in integrating these systems now attracts
VAT and Duty thus making them not competitive with International brands.

We need to support our own local people to ensure faster access of
affordable computers

Regards

Diana Maina

Branch office of Intel South Africa Corporation
2nd Floor, South Wing, Building 14, The Woodlands
Western Service Road, Woodmead, 2148
Johannesburg, South Africa

The above is a branch office of:

Intel South Africa Corporation
A Corporation registered in Delaware, USA
Registered Office: 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Registered No: 2501764