[kictanet] Fwd: [AfrICANN-discuss] Nii Quaynor receives the prestigious Jon Postel Award

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Thu Dec 6 08:56:33 EAT 2007

Dr. Nii Narku Quaynor has laboured as a General in the ICT Army in
Africa over two decades providing leadership, vision, foresight,
strength and the best of field commandship - in his own words, "a
strike against techno-colonialism. A lot of us have learnt from his
fortitude, tenacity and sense of commitment to cause that sometimes
is not as well recognised but yet the only hope for generations to come.

Nii'a efforts has resulted in great strides not only in the technical
community but in the other disciplines and stakeholder manifestations
across board. It is important to underscore his great work as one of
the pioneers also of the building of institutions for the knowledge
economy in Africa of which AfriNIC is a classical example of great
gain. Not to talk about his building of systems, people, spaces and
opportunity.

Please join me in congratulating a five star General, Nii which means
in our local dialect, Chief.....

Eric here

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Dawit Bekele" <bekele at isoc.org>
> Date: 6 December 2007 05:09:37 GMT+03:00
> To: <africann at afrinic.net>
> Subject: [AfrICANN-discuss] Nii Quaynor receives the prestigious
> Jon Postel Award
>
> Hi all,
>

> I am happy to announce to you that, today, this year’s prestigious
> Jon Postel award has been awarded to Nii Quaynor. Lynn St.Amour,
> CEO and President of ISOC handed the presentation crystal of the
> award to Nii Quaynor at the IETF meeting in Vancouver, where more
> than 1,000 participants were present.
>

> You all know how much Nii has contributed for the development of
> Internet in Africa, which is why we are all happy that he has be
> given this award that he fully deserves.
>

> To know more about the Jon Postel award please see http://
> www.isoc.org/awards/.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Dawit Bekele
>
> Manager, African Regional Bureau
>
> Internet Society (ISOC)
>
> bekele at isoc.org
>
> Tel: +251 911 22 13 33
>

> Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> 10/21/2007 3:09 PM

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800 ext 2031
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/eric/
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"