[kictanet] Kenya's Peculiar Business Environment

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:34:31 EAT 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 9:52 AM, Bill Kagai <mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke> wrote:
> http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4642&Itemid=5813
>
> KRA moved to the appellate after High Court judge Onesmus Mutungi
> dismissed its Sh2 billion tax demand on KenCell Communications (now
> Celtel Kenya) on technical grounds after the taxman's lawyer failed to
> attend court, citing transport problems.
>
> I rest my case!!!!

You must already be knowing about the traffic jams in Nairobi. I
assume you live in Nairobi:-)
So the lawyer's reason must have been genuine, not a pretext.
I've seen some calculations on the amounts the country loses as a
result of the traffic jams.
The figure, per year, was more than the 2bn taxman is chasing!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,